The New Rock telephone system solution for hotels meets the daily communication needs of hotel operators, namely front desk switchboard operations and call forwarding. It can also be integrated with other operations using VoIP technology. Existing broadband networks, regardless of connectivity by fiber optics or network cables, can be used at hotels for transmission to reduce setup costs and maintenance difficulties effectively.
Equipped with a property management system interface (PMSI) as middleware, this system can interface with any third-party hotel property management system (PMS), providing a complete range of hotel functions, such as check-in/check-out, wake-up calls, guest services billing, and telephone access settings.
Luxury hotelsToday, many luxury hotels feature a full fiber optic network. With just a fiber optic cable and an optical terminal, rooms can have access to all three networks – telephone, television, and Internet. Fiber optics also makes exceptional long-distance transmission possible, enabling remote network coverage for villa-style hotels.
The New Rock telephone system solution for luxury hotels with the core device - OM-series IP-PBX equipped with a PMS interface, can be connected with the mainstream hotel PMS, providing hotels with a completely integrated communication solution.
- Supports hot backup, dual power source/network port redundancy, and PSTN failover to ensure the high reliability of the hotel’s telephone.
- Supports optical modem registration* and enables convenient deployment of “one optical cable and terminal per room”, thereby significantly reducing wiring as well as maintenance costs.
- Provides a free hotel PMSI as middleware to enable connection with a mainstream hotel PMS.
- Optional attendant console system to help receptionist facilitate call receiving and call transferring at the hotel’s front desk.
* Registration of optical modem
- Optical modem with voice port: Connected to an analog phone (optical modem registered with the hotel’s OM IP-PBX through a fiber optic network) to unlock telephone functions in guest rooms;
- Optical modem without voice port: Connected to an IP phone (optical modem registered with the hotel’s OM IP-PBX through a fiber optic network) to unlock telephone functions in guest rooms.
Middleware for PMS
OM IP-PBX is equipped with middleware that allows it to be linked to a third-party hotel PMS, achieving information exchange between OM IP-PBX and PMS. It supports Chinasoft, Westsoft, Pegasus, Fidelio, and Opera.
Multiple OM IP-PBXs can be interfaced with a single hotel PMS. The following hotel operations are available:
Budget hotelsThe New Rock telephone system solution for budget hotels is ideal for lodging establishments with fewer than 200 guest rooms, including express hotels, home inns, bed and breakfasts, and government reception houses.
- Supports hybrid analog and IP network with flexible deployment and convenient installation, significantly saving wiring and maintenance costs;
- Provides a simple hotel management module for owners to acquire simplified hotel operations at relatively low cost;
- Offers an optical self-built hotel customer service center with functions like guest information management and call recording management;
- Features a graphical webpage configuration interface, which does not require IT support.
* Analog and IP hybrid network
IP-PBX deployed in equipment room, with voice gateway deployed in distribution rooms on each floor:
- The gateway can be registered with the IP-PBX in the equipment room, which significantly saves wiring costs for a trunking cable (in the case of traditional PBX). Savings in wiring costs can be more significant in cases where buildings are far apart, such as resort-style hotels and garden-style hotels.
- Telephone line from analog port of gateway is connected to ordinary phone/fax in guest rooms.
Simplified hotel management module
A simplified hotel management module has a relatively lower cost as compared with professional hotel management cost, reducing initial investments for budget hotels. Used in conjunction with OM IP-PBX, it can provide the following basic hotel-operation functions: